Tuesday 28 February 2023

FEBRUARY ROUND UP

A quick round up of February photos before the month is out.   


Harriet, aged 9.75 years.  


Ellie, aged 8 years.  


A good concert this month.  I am enjoying meeting a greeting a few people I haven't seen since before the pandemic.  Certainly, we are all getting out and about more.  Trips into town concerts are not so popular now as we can attend these concerts locally.


Iain, young Alastair, Ishie and I drove into Glasgow University to attend the Royal Philosophical Society of Glasgow lecture given by Sally Beamish, composer.  (We parked below the Glasgow University tower as seen above.)  The lecture was, as is too often the case, a disappointment: couldn't hear for all the usual reasons mainly to do with technology; interesting person with interesting subject was boring, i.e. did not talk to advertised topic (emotional responses to music etc) but just gave a "next slice please" type of list of her compositions starting from the beginning..... boring.


Spent a day with Ellie who is off school with the teachers' strike out and about doing a Nature Walk.  She kept a journal; I took photos.  The birch bark reminded me of many times in my childhood I admired it, peeled it off, tried to make things out of it etc etc.


Gavins' Mill in late February sunshine.


Harriet eating the pancakes we made on the day she was off school with the teachers' strike.


Ellie in Lennox park midst the snowdrops.


Snowdrops I planted in the park behind our house. 








No comments: