Tuesday 12 October 2021

WEEK 81 CORONAVIRUS: OLD PHOTOGRAPHS BOOTH FAMILY SALMON ARM

Corona As At Position:  Ishbel (14 yrs) has now received her vaccination.  Done at school. Most people, she reckons, have taken up the option to be vaccinated.

Booster shots are now available. I received a text saying that the doctor's surgery was not offering this but it was the Health Board doing it.  I still have to go on to the website to book an appointment which is being done locally in Milngavie Town Hall.  Apparently they do the annual flu jab at the same time.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

I have been clearing out old photos and came across some which relate to my brother.  As it was his birthday recently I offer this selection:

This is the house on Broadview Road, Billie Kalke left, my mother and Don on the right.  '57 Chev in which I sat my driving test aged 16 (1960).

Don responded to this photograph with a huge amount of detailed family history:

Wow, my youth. Allen and Margaret Booth house on Trans Canada Highway, east of Salmon Arm, next to Broadview Road. Harry Kalke on L, died 1988; Margaret Booth, 2003; Don Booth on R, now 76. 
Car is 1957 Chevrolet 4 door 210 sedan. Could not buy 2 tone so mom had roof and triangle trim on rear sides painted black. Red and black, sharp car. Not another one like it. 
House in the background [very hard to see in far distance]  was Marsack, later was Bleumenaur. 
House [Booth family home behind the Chev] built by Roberts Bros. in 20’s. Purchased by Allen’s mom Gladys Bessie after their Craig Ewan house burned Boxing Day, 1938. Allen purchased from his mother near the time he married Margaret, Aug 1, 1943.
GB Booth purchased Rattrey place on other side of Broadview, [later owned by Jesperson's]  then moved to [Golf Road] Victoria in 1952.



 Don about 12 years old. Truck was a Chev (They were either Chevs or GMC as I recall).





No comments: