Sunday 22 October 2017

CANADA VISIT - BOOTH FAMILY PLOT IN MT IDA CEMETERY

While in Salmon Arm Don and I visited Mary in her new home.  The 3 of us joined Pat for lunch where we chatted and Don bumped into folk from town that he knew.  Here he is in the entrance foyer.


Don drove me in his white half ton truck to visit the family grave site out at Mt Ida Cemetery on the west side of Salmon Arm, B.C.


The plot is on the western end of the cemetery not far from the car park.  Some years ago on this blog I have described it ... more when I find it.*


This is the plot.  There are various family members in it some of whose headstones I show below.


Our parents: Margaret and Allen Booth


My paternal grandfather, John Cousins Booth of Downiehills, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.  He married Gladys Bessie James who was from Corbridge, Northumberland.


My paternal grandmother's mother Elisabeth O Jameson, i.e. mother of Gladys Bessie Jameson.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

* So far I have only found  this:  END OF THE APPLE BOXES

and this is the blog reference

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6138499928168461673#editor/target=post;postID=6996515487181265890;onPublishedMenu=template;onClosedMenu=template;postNum=3;src=postname




No comments: