Monday 21 November 2022

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

It's all go these days...

Sunday night after dinner... all 4 grandchildren.  I bought another Wentworth puzzle and it was worth every penny - peace and quiet at the 'craft table' for one whole hour!

Catching the last of the sunlight mid-November - Asda car park.

Forsythia and Cotoneaster berries at Loch 27 Canal Pub



* * * * * * * * * 

Remembrance Sunday in Milngavie Precinct.

Good concert with local lad Michael Mofidian singing and Anna Tilbrook accompanying on piano

* * * * * * * * * * * * 

Balloch Park Bulb Planting




Crocuses, bluebells, fritillary and alliums being planted by volunteers.

   
* * * * * * * * * * *

Coffee and scone time...



Located in the Vale of Leven Industrial Park is the Strathleven Deli where I sometimes stop for a coffee and some of their baking.  I had been told about it but could never actually find it.  After I eventually located it (diagonally opposite the Loch Lomond Brewery) the owner (I assume) was telling me that she is not allowed to advertise.  I do feel that is a bit hard when ordinary folk are just trying to make a living ... and are the people who are keeping Scotland from sinking into the North Sea.)

* * * * * * * * * * 
Back to baking


French 'muffins' which were on sale topped off with my own ganache and a Smartie  or two.


Ellie (7) won the raffle at school this week.  It is a Panda Bear wearing earphones "Disco Bear".  The other week she received a certificate for "Taking the lead in a discussion on bullying"!  Yes, I can just see that happening!



No comments: