Sunday 12 April 2020

CORONAVIRUS (START OF) WEEK 4

That's us at the end of 3 weeks of being in 'lockdown'.  

We are both well and so are Mairi, John and children and Alastair and Co.

I go shopping for necessities (just food or to the butcher or fishmonger who are both small shops in Milngavie village centre).   The shelves are pretty well stocked; the gaps appear to be pasta, toilet paper and paper towels.  Early Scottish strawberries are in now (M&S).  Lovely, as usual!

The have made 8 am - 9 am a slot for Seniors and Front Line Workers.  I went early on Thursday and heard the sound of oystercatchers, a bird I associate with the shoreline of the West Coast of Scotland.


We are going through good in the cupboard, e.g. jam, chutney.  However a crisis this week:  I have finished the bottle of 'everyday' whisky that sits in the cupboard for when I need the occasional pick-me-up.  It means I have to bring out the Scotch Malt Whisky Society bottles.  They are very expensive but, hey  ho.. needs must!


Whisky and gin distilleries are making hand sanitisers. 

[I see that it is basically: Combine in a bowl,
2/3 cups rubbing alcohol (99.9% isopropyl alcohol)
1/3 cup aloe vera gel
Stir. Decant into a soap or pump bottle
Give it a good shake every now and then.
]

David W told me to try some very nice wine from Lebanon Chateau Nusar.  




Letter received in the post from Boris Johnson asking people to Stay at Home:



I have been in the garden as the weather has been really very pleasant. 
While weeding out in the front garden people pass by me as they take their daily allotted one hour of exercise 'near their home'.  A young teenage girl was walking her labrador dog and also her little 3 year old sister who was pushing her dolly in a pram. We fell into conversation.  They live in around the corner and mentioned that they occasionally have used 'The Secret Park' behind our house.  I said to the little girl "Maybe I have seen you there, or perhaps your mummy."  Without missing a beat the little girl replied  "My mummy's dead; she died of a brain tumour."

Here is a 5 year old who is the same age as Ellie and same personalityand singing voice!



And lastly another one which made me laugh:   about resuscitation.











No comments: