Sunday 29 March 2020

CORONOVIRUS - SELF-ISOLATING WEEK 2

Baby, it's cold outside... so we stay in.  Both Iain and I are well and keep occupied, mainly indoors.  We both have work using the computer that keeps us from wearying.
The shops and supermarkets are well organised: one person in, one person out. Here is a queue at the beginning of the day at Waitrose.  From 8 - 9 am they reserve it for seniors and front-line workers. 




I tried buying something I have not seen for ages: Scottish pan loaf.  It's plain white bread the kind that foodies would despise.  Never mind, toasted with peanut butter - oops... the British hate peanut butter!... let's say marmalade, it is real comfort food.  It reminds me of tea and toast for patients in hospital - great!... whether you are the one doling it out, or on the receiving end.





We all stood on our porches/balconies/ streets at 8 pm on Thursday and applauded the work done by those working in the NHS.  Very emotional!  

The next day I saw this ambulance outside my window next when sitting at my computer.  My neighbour across the road is now OK; not coronavirus however.



Our little neighbour, Alice, across the road and one along from above family  has put up 2 drawing of rainbows on their porch window.  I took Ellie's off the fridge and put them up to 'wave' to her.  Apparently in Iceland they putTeddies in windows so when the kids go out on their walks they can 'find the Teddy'.

Iain wants them (my 2) taken down "D'ya not know what they mean?!"  "Uh-h-h... excuse me... it 's just a rainbow!"  

Other bits and pieces noted this week


[1] Boy racers on empty streets.  Anne told me about a doctor who was nearly home at the end of the day when he was hit by one of these characters.  He was unharmed.


[2] News item on BBC.  Journalist talking to a woman in Russia who was among a crowd moving in to a church service through the front door of a cathedral.  When pointed out that the gathering of people was maybe not a good idea apparently she said something along the lines of "There's no problem here, it's a church." and, the reporter said "She was a doctor."


* * * * * 
Marks and Spencer are giving out little seed pots complete with composte.  I guess that's as far as I am going to get this year.  

Be that as it may, they really are very good!  I talked about this a couple of posts back.  This is an update.





x
x
x

No comments: