Thursday 10 May 2018

IT'S BIRTHDAY TIME AGAIN

Another day ... and another birthday.  74 years!  


Pick some flowers: peacock narcissus. I started this blog May 10,2007... on this particular day. The link to it is here: [http://off-at-a-tangent.blogspot.co.uk/2007/05/launch-day.html]  I had trouble finding it so I add this as a double reference for the future!.

Later:  I found this from my 65th birthday! 



Friends are coming for dinner (Ottilia and Roger, Dick P) and Iain is making the meal.

I am still buying wine for the label.  Here is a funky one I picked up recently at Majestic Wines.  Big, colourful and jammy... just like the label.


I am still baking bread, as seen here above.  This is my lunch today: bread made 2 days ago for folk coming for an evening meal; crowdie (low fat Scottish chesse  ... a bit like cottage cheese put through a sieve).  

After 50 years of marriage the cutlery still does not match (it's a long story).  That yellow dish is my mother's.  It is awaiting a bunch of olives going into it for tonight's meal.  And the candlesticks came from Iseabail's flat.  They are silver and should polish up nicely.


The garden is doing well.  I spend a lot of time in it and it gives me enormous pleasure (plus exercise). Do I get help?  Uh-h-h no.  Iain sails and climb mountains.  I have learned to cut my cloth accordingly e.g. no heavy pots to lug around.


I keep busy with musical things. I still take piano lessons which fuction as a battery-charger or jump-leads.  I am involved with this organisation and produce their publicity material (voluntarily) using desktop publishing software.  This is next year's brochure which is just about ready for the printer.
The sailing desktop publishing work (voluntary) dried up as everything now goes directly on the their internet site ... which is fine.  (I don't do web sites etc.) The other thing is that my eyes get tired especially as I tend to spend too long sitting looking at the screen!






No comments: