Thursday 3 November 2011

THE WAITING

What is it people say ...? "Feel the fear and do it anyway?"

How, tell me, does that work if one is worried?

All day long I am saying to myself -

"I'm not worried... I'm NOT worried ... I'm not WORRIED."



Our baby grandson of 3 months has to undergo a serious operation in 3 days' time. He is at home with Dawn and Alastair and we only wish we could be closer to them. We are in contact over the internet, thank goodness, but all the same I am finding it hard to get over the shock of this recent turn of events.

One thing to do is to keep busy. Fortunately it was my day to pick up Ishie from school. We made a card for her wee cousin (after we talked to Alastair on Skype which clarified the situation) and she printed her name inside it: "Ish ..." then a squashed "b" and then on the space above "eL". The crosses are kisses.


Food for comfort is tea and toast. For Ishie (and wee Alastair when he arrived) I make "soldiers" by cutting the hot toast with melting butter. (I have never adopted the British preference for cold toast.)

And so we all are thinking of one wee baby who is going to have to be a very Brave Soldier.




No comments: