Wednesday 1 December 2010

ORANGE BITS

Having amassed a rather miscellaneous lot of photos I am going to post some of them on the basis of colour.

I think this photo that John took a couple of weeks ago in Perthshire is absolutely stunning! These are oars leaning against the side of a building but he has caught the light of the evening sky in the reflection. Wow!

Again this is a photo of John's. It is a weird fungus growing on a log.


At the weekend, Mairi and Alastair opened a box of mandarin oranges that I had recently purchased from Tesco's. I have not seen such a fine box of oranges since I was a child.

After my father had delivered a load of Christmas trees to Vancouver he came back with a box of, what we called "Japanese oranges". The box was wooden and about the size of the one Mairi is holding. We only saw these oranges once a year. (We now can buy satsumas, clementines and mandarin oranges all year round.) As a child, I knew Christmas had really arrived when the Japanese oranges appeared!

No comments: