Friday 1 October 2010

BEE-BUSINESS

As the equinoxial gales arrive I am staying inside as I have bronchitis. Which is better? Stay in and keep warm midst the plaster dust and hammering? Go out in the fresh but damp air?

The good news is that I still have flowers to bring into the house. These are the last of the summer display. Very simple but have given so much pleasure!


This is bergamot, a herb which I associate with Earl Grey tea. It seems to really like this climate as I have grown it quite successfully before.



Lastly, this showy display represents the flowering of a packet of give-away seeds obtained at the corner shop by my neighbour. It seems my packet did better than hers! (My neighbours are seriously good gardeners!) These packets were wild flowers that have been distributed to communities to encourage the bee population as they buzz about their bee-business.

No comments: