Sunday 7 October 2018

NOT YOUR AVERAGE PROUST

Saturday was lovely all day.  Every time Ellie (3.5 years) and Harriet (5 years) visit they head for the park at the back of our house.  


Ellie has very firm ideas about what she will wear.  In this autumn weather it is a ballerina outfit or a spring party dress.  I said to her when she shouted (she's always shouting) "I want to go the the park!" it was "No sweater; no park".   Without a blink she put it in and turned to me and said "M-m-m-m.... it's nice and cosy!"    She is right; it's a lovely hand-knitted sweater (not mine) I keep in a drawer handy for just occasions!


Harriet and I spend time colouring and practicing her letters.  She now knows  m, n, a, h, t and r.  At the end of a session my head is buzzing with:  "kicking k" and "curly c".   Such fun to see her coming along (as she has very good hand motor co-ordination).

In her school bag is her first reading book, i.e. books that have no words but have stories to be talked about. As we progressed through the story I started to notice the little details in the drawings.  The artist is Roderick Hunt.  He will never know the laughs I got as we turned the pages and talked about what mischief the characters were getting up to!


Here below is an example.... which I am going to be add to the Rogue's Gallery of photos on the kitchen wall.  It makes me laugh every time I look at it!

Mr Hunt, whoever you are, as a tribute to your wonderful artwork I am now been inspired to try making Madeleines (instead of my usual fare of Rice Crispie Cakes and Flapjacks!)




No comments: