Thursday 9 July 2015

THE ROSES ARE OUT

This morning:  "I spy with my little eye ... something that has become a rare siting this summer - a great yellow orb in a blue sky! 

 That has brought on the seedlings and also the roses.




Wild roses are plentiful along lanes and various corners of streets, car parks and hedges.  This one is near Tesco's car park.


Another year and another Big Show from the red rose bush in the corner of our garden.  It gives both me and my gardening neighbour, Dot and Jack, lots of colour as we move in and out of our respective back doors.  I am glad to share the pleasure of this well situated bush at our adjoining fence as I gain pleasure from having their (well maintained) greenhouse situated next to the same fence.


Small roses in a neighbouring garden where the bush spills over the street corner hedge.

No comments: