Monday 10 December 2012

A WHITE CHRISTMAS

I am planning a White Christmas!

At our Wine and Dine Dinner a couple of weeks ago, I selected 2 wines from the list and have now stocked the cupboard with a purchase from our local Majestic Wine store.

They are Coteaux du Giennois, Domaine de Villargean 2011, Sauvignon Blanc from France. The label says it is 100% Sauvignon Blanc which, as my friend David W. points out regarding Australian wine, in Australia when the label says Sauvignon Blanc, the grape content need only be 80% SB.  So I guess that is why the French put the "100%" information in.

This region is next to Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé therefore is similar wine but not as costly.



The other wine is Viñalba Selección Torrontés 2012 from Mendoza, Argentina.  I had never tasted this grape before. I see on  their website  that the winemaker is originally from Bordeaux and seems to be doing great things in Argentina.  Again, nice wine, not as expensive as the taste would lead you to think.

What's the funny-looking tree?  It is an IKEA 2 metre long by 1.5 metre wide piece of cotton fabric with a photograph of a Christmas tree printed on it.  I hung it from the clothes pulley and draped it over the ironing board... viola!  This coming week the kids can help me decorate it!


No comments: