Monday 25 June 2012

POST DENTAL VISIT: RINSE PLEASE!

I hate dentists.  Well, that is not strictly true ... I have nothing against dentists but I hate going to the dentist!  I have spent many years in a dentist's chair and it never gets any easier.  If I have an appointment, as I did today, for a regular check-up - no big deal, I know - I simply write off the rest of the day.

Today was no exception.  I am not in extremis, I am not suffering any pain or discomfort, I am simply "out of gas" i.e. I feel done-in, good for nothing but sitting slumped in a chair with my head in my hands. Over the years (many years!) I have tried to figure out why I am so gutted.  Dunno!  In the end I just ride it out.

So ... to that end, when Maggie said we should meet up I suggested coming to my house so that I could partake of some wine and not have to drive afterwards.  We cracked open a bottle and sat out in the garden.  (If the truth be told I opened it before she arrived as my need was greater, I reckoned.)

However, it turned out to be the first anniversary of her son's wedding and so ... recalling that peonies were the order of the day one year ago ... we picked some from the garden and toasted the happy couple.                      





The bottle we were sampling was one I got from Sainsbury's this week. It was my favourte: Fitou.  It happened to be low in price. I can see why; it was a bit Acid over Fruit in taste but  ... what the heck ... it did the business as a Pick-me-up! I ended up having a lovely swally with Maggie and completely recovered.



No comments: