Sunday 18 March 2012

MEETING AND GREETING MUSINGS

End of winter at Ross Priory, Loch Lomond.  Though still a bit early in the season, there were just the beginnings of the rhodys and spring bulbs coming up.  Everything was dripping as I made a tour  around the garden, umbrella and camera in hand. 

I was there for the soirée - dinner followed by an evening of music; this month with an Irish theme.  Being too wet to spend long in the garden I fairly quickly retreated indoors to the fire and glass of Merlot with the other guests arriving for the evening.

I happily go along to these events on my own; Iain finds himself "otherwise engaged".  Reporting back on the evening I ... well, we both ... chuckle at the recurring pattern: nodding to people (his former colleagues) who, upon seeing me hove into view, always warmly greet me with "Hello-Barbara-And-Tell-Me-How-Is-Iain?" 

Reflections in the area of the walled garden.

 Helibores dripping, dripping, dripping.

Looking on to Ben Lomond in the distant mist and the water of Loch Lomond.

No comments: