Monday 15 August 2011

THE ZOMBIES HAVE ARRIVED

The Duke of Wellington (or "The Jooky" as he is known) is looking in the distance at a sight due east of where he is astride his horse: it is an American film company transforming some Glasgow streets in order to make a Philadelphia street film set for the Brad Pitt blockbuster £80 million zombie movie World War Z. BBC TV coverage of it is here and here. American cars, street signs and lighting have be specially brought in. Can you credit it?!


It is going to bring lots of money to the city and furthermore local people have been drafted in for some of the parts. A friend of Mairi's is one person, for example. I am afraid that when she told me about this in June all I could respond with was ... "Who is Brad Pitt?!!!!

Never mind ... I might just pop in to the city centre to see The Jooky and take a few photos on my blockbuster iPhone (like this one I took on a wet day in May)!







No comments: