Thursday 11 August 2011

A RAIN-SOAKED FLOWER SHOW

The rain hasn't stopped for 2 days. Apparently it is the worst since records began! (I thought they said that earlier this year in May and June!) Be that as it may, I picked some flowers today.

Rain-bashed cornflowers in a vase on the sideboard. I like their really strong blue colour.

The sweet peas were very late going in but are finally blossoming ... though a bit soggy from the rain!

I managed to tidy the garden before the deluge but did not get a chance to plant the blue agapanthus and white gypsophilia. They sit in their pots alongside Mairi's chrysanthemum plant she gave me last week.

The tomato plant my neighbour, Jack, gave me is doing well. His are growing in profusion in his greenhouse; my single plant is ... well ... holding its own quite satisfactorily! (I give him lettuces from my garden in exchange.)

And lastly our Canada Goose wind-sock is still thriving on the lawn in front of the nasturtiums.



No comments: