Tuesday 21 September 2010

HEALTH BULLETIN NO. 19

I have been away from the computer and also not been out with my camera so the blog has been very quiet of late. My apologies! Folk are phoning me to see if we are still in the land of the living!

Iain had his orthopedic appointment today as it has been 6 weeks since he was discharged from hospital after his fall from the ceiling space. (See Iain's accident in the CATEGORIES on the right for the details.) Basically not a lot came out of the visit, i.e. Iain saw the x-ray film of the cracks in the vertebrae. The fact that he has not put on weight was discussed. Where do we go from here? Dunno. He walks around and goes out to the park behind the house to exercise. Does he wear the brace? What do you think? Anyhow, the upshot was that he needs to wear the brace another 6 weeks.

Meanwhile life rolls along, i.e. the wee ones are growing bigger every day. Here is Alastair absorbed in his colouring book. All these shots were taken by Mairi on her iPhone.

This shows Alastair, quite literally, climbing the wall. He is trying to switch on the light. He has the strength to do these things as he has very strong pectorals, i.e. chest muscles. Quite amazing, really.

I took Ishie to playgroup this morning. She is very chatty! The conversation goes something like this: "My daddy is working." "Oh, and what does your daddy work at?" "He works at ASDA's [supermarket]... with the ladies."!!!

Just before I headed out to the Young Fiddlers orchestra practice tonight, the lad who is plastering the upstairs appeared in the doorway to say he would be back tomorrow. I asked about where he lived and was it his dad that dropped him off in the big 4X4? Yes, he takes his sister to school. I asked her age, and then I asked his (21 years). "And are you married?" "No, but I got a girlfriend and there's a wain on the way, but." [a baby on the way, but] He is going to see the scan tomorrow. "How does your dad feel about this?" "Surprised it hasn't happened sooner." ! "How does your mum feel about this?" "Haven't seen her in years." Oh dear....

No comments: