Sunday 15 August 2010

IN THE GARDEN

The weather has been so lovely that Iain and I have been out in the garden. Now back from hospital, Iain is recovering his strength by taking tours around the garden in order to build up his muscles.


Meanwhile I shell peas. One of my earliest memories is sitting on the back steps with a bowl beside me. Whose peas? Whose bowl? I don't remember. But I just love shelling peas! These I bought at Tesco's as I don't know anywhere that has Pick Your Peas in our area.

The view from our seat in the sun is of these cornflowers along the fence at the edge of the garden.

I started them as seeds, having never tried this flower before. The colour in these photos is certainly Cornflower Blue however my view is that they are, in nature, more edging toward a purpley blue (unlike, as I recall, a paint tin swatch of Cornflower Blue being rather pale and soft).

1 comment:

Vagabonde said...

These cornflowers are lovely. I have not seen them around here in Georgia, maybe it is too warm. In France we call a bouquet of these, with daisies and poppies, un bouquet de fleurs des champs – and it has the color of the French flag.