Sunday 30 May 2010

WHEN IRIS EYES ARE SMILING

We visited St Andrews this weekend as it was the Annual Outing for the structural engineers who come with their wives to meet and greet and, of course, have a round of golf.

The town was fairly quiet except for groups of men, in foursomes, moving about looking for somewhere to have a meal after their day on the links. It is a student town; some were about but mostly it was fairly empty of people after 6 pm on Saturday.

The buildings are mostly of gray stone and at this time of year the irises were blooming in the various gardens of the University of St Andrews.

These photos of irises made a good subject to do some arty stuff using Photoshop. I like the colour combination.

1 comment:

Vagabonde said...

I wish I grew some iris here because they are so beautiful. I’ll have to check if they can survive in our warm humid weather and Georgia clay. I have not been back to Photoshop, which is installed on my computer, since the 3 hour class I took that got me totally confused. I need to stop and take the time to learn all these things but I am reading posts, writing posts, or going on trips! We are preparing another trip to see my daughter in California soon. We just came back from a trip to a middle Georgia town called LaGrange because they have a beautiful garden there. Then while there I read that they will be having a hydrangea festival soon, so we may go back. My newly installed rose bushes are blooming with many more buds to come. Thanks for visiting my blog.