Thursday 18 February 2010

BY YON BONNIE BANKS

I went out to Ross Priory today which is located on the southern end of Loch Lomond. It was very cold but the loch was showing its many colours. Also the snowdrops were out!


Ben Lomond has a reasonable snow cover but the rest of the country is snow free thank goodness!

They had a lovely fire going in the lounge and the coffee was hot and quickly served (not their usual practice)! I thawed out reading the Daily Telegraph and chatted to some men who were spending a few quid at the nineteenth hole!

This is the view of Ben Lomond out of the lounge window. I sat on until dark as I was undertaking a mini-test. I have inherited a MacBook (laptop) from Dawn and Alastair and I wanted to check it all out. There is a wireless network and it is 'open' i.e. no password required. I am delighted to report that all systems are working. So now it is Have Computer, Will Travel!

1 comment:

Vagabonde said...

Those pictures are lovely – so blue. Actually we just came back from Palm Beach in Florida where it was 72 degrees F (22 C.) But when we came back it was snowing in Atlanta. We were lucky to get at the airport early and take the earlier flight because our 7:30 pm flight did not leave until 2:50 am and was diverted to Charlotte, NC where it arrived at 4:00 am! I took many pictures here of the snow the next day but it is all gone now. I just published a post on Palm Beach, you can look at it to warm you up if you like: http://avagabonde.blogspot.com/2010/02/going-further-south-for-warmth-to-palm.html