Thursday 17 December 2009

GRANDMA GOES TO THE NATIVITY PLAY

The angels and shepherds were gathering to sing to Baby Jesus at 11 o'clock on Tuesday. I was to join Mairi (with wee Alastair) and Auntie Iseabail at New Kilpatrick Church (Playgroup) Hall.... except I went to the wrong hall and ended up running late. (I did remember to take the cookies - see previous post).

I reckoned Baby Jesus wouldn't have arrived yet. I was right. Mince pies and cups of coffee were being enjoyed by a large turnout of parents.


This little Ishie-Angel stayed seated the whole time during the (what turned out to be a) concert. (A couple of weeks ago Ishie turned to me and shouted, wagging her finger, "Don't even THINK about moving from there! OK?" Ahem ... she's got the message!)

Meanwhile as the shepherds and angels were keeping their vigil in the front of the hall, I was keeping one in the back! This little charmer was not interested in "When Santa Gets Stuck Up the Chimney" but rather was the apple-0f-the-eye(s) of a group of loitering 13 year olds with their reindeer antlers. They (like so many people!) were quite charmed by ... himself ... (as he was by their antlers...) ....

The front view of a little Alastair-Not-Angel! Believe me, with that tartan rig-out he was quite the star of the sub-plot at the back of the hall!

However ... another sub-plot emerged! I always, faithfully, buy raffle tickets at whatever event I attend. (It comes from years of running these sorts of do's...) And lo and behold ... my number came up!


It turns out to be an invitation from Rangers Football Club to tour the (their) Ibrox Stadium and furthermore it is for 6 people! Good heavens! What a laugh I got! I don't follow football (it is my loss as just about EVERYONE in the West of Scotland does; we have a very strong football culture here!) As someone said "Well, you might get a football ... or a T-shirt!" A player?!!!!

All joking aside, apparently they do these things rather well and I am absolutely up for it! And all from someone's kind donation to fund-raising at the NK Playgroup's Nativity Play!




1 comment:

Jinksy said...

That seems like a successful Nativity - and your gingerbread men must have gone down very well...

I'm still valiantly trying to get your blog to accept my comments...:)