Monday 21 December 2009

CHRISTMAS BAKING

Ishie, now nearly 3 years old, likes to do all the industrious domestic things now. So with the IKEA kiddie's apron and a gingerbread cookie cutter we had our first baking session on Sunday.

I used an ordinary shortbread recipe which I made ahead as little 'helping' hands get it just about everywhere! (As I keep telling people, this is the only house where it is OK to draw on the walls - I don't encourage it - or spill stuff on the floor.)

Alastair wants to be in on the action, namely, creating Niagara Falls in the sink.

As I am the only one who enjoys mince pies I always make a few to keep handy when the afternoon reaches 4:00 pm and I realize I haven't eaten much all day! I ration myself through the season and when they are done that's it until next year. (It is a bit like Christmas carols: I like them for the season and thereafter they are metaphorically 'put away'.)

No comments: