Tuesday 7 July 2009

HOMAGE TO MARIMEKKO

Marimekko is a Finnish designer whose fabrics I like. Over the years I have bought curtain fabric, or clothes, mainly because of the big, bold colours (and a size that will fit). Recently I was given some oven gloves from her latest range - just me!

I was out with the camera and took photos in Glenarn Garden but instead of reproducing them in the raw form (some of which are similar to ones I took last year) I decided to be a Marimekko Wannabe and make some arty fabric swatches.

So here they are!

Artichoke

Poppy

Don't know ...

1 comment:

Vagabonde said...

These pictures are so interesting. I really like the poppy. How did you achieve this look? They look very “arty” and “one of a kind”, it must have taken a lot of time to achieve these good results.