Wednesday 20 August 2008

MOMENTOUS IN YOSEMITE

John sent me a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwV5t7IgCHI which is a video of a fellow called Dean Potter climbing up a route on El Capitan in Yosemite Park, California. It is absolutely amazing! I had to shut my eyes! He talks about 'being in the moment' ... I mean like for whole time he is climbing the 3000 feet straight up the face, jamming his dusted hands into the cracks and/or occasionally clipping on to existing bolts.

There is 9 minutes of viewing in the video. Just don't look down! (Actually the music is good!)


I am sure I saw a ring on his left hand. I would have thought that would be a bit risky given that he uses his hands as 'shovels' or 'blades' jamming them into the cracks.

Says Dean "Some people think that what I am doing is complete lunacy but I'm just out there havin' a good time, enjoying the day!" Sheeesh!

__________________________________________________________

Photo: Wikimedia



No comments: