Saturday 9 February 2008

IN THE DEEP MID-WINTER

Auntie Mary in Salmon Arm is enjoying that lovely white stuff ... which is fine if you don't have to dig yourself out of the driveway or scrape off the car windscreen every morning. She sent me this photo this week which is her view from her front door looking toward the Shuswap Lake.


This photo came my way several years ago and I used it for a screen-saver. I do not know its origin; it's one of the many that appear on the internet and are not acknowledged. Apologies to whereve took this photo in the first place. I am assuming it is in Canada. It certainly reminds me of Silver Star and all the days I spent their skiing in the late 50s and early 60s!



Our snow is of the rather wet kind but all the same, snow it is. This was at Crainlarich on the way down from Loch Fyne several days after New Year. When snow falls it can be in large lumpy flakes. But whatever form it takes – and we have had a couple of snowfalls since then – it is never to be underestimated.


_________________________________________________________
Top photo by Mary in Canada.

No comments: