Tuesday 19 October 2021

WEEK 83 CORONAVIURS: RETURN OF LOCAL CONCERT

Coronavirus report:  The numbers of people having coronavirus continues to be 'high' and has plateaued (44,000 cases in the UK today).

Iain got his booster this week having had a letter from the GP to make an appointment.  They have been calling the over 80s and then will start calling in the over 75s in somewhat the same fashion as they original vaccination roll-out.

He's actually been down to the Town Hall to turn up on a walk-in basis (if not busy, they take you), only to find it shut.  I guess they are starting to limit the days now.

I got notification to attend an appointment for my booster (which I got 2 weeks ago).  I find I cannot cancel it (though can change it) using the website.  Therefore I will probably be counted as a No Show. Hey ho.....

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Milngavie Music Club's first concert of the season was a great success with about 175 people turning up in Cairns Church.  


Such a joy to meet and greet again after 19 months of lockdown.


Consone Quartet played for a very appreciative audience.  Yes, we remained socially distanced, everyone had to wear a mask, no mingling at the interval and egress at the end was like when we were at school doing the Fire Drill.  Everything was all very well organised and orderly so we seem to be off with a good start to the season. (And the weather was kind; I forgot how it gets dark now about 7:15 pm!)

Autumn flowers from the garden for the hall desk.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CLOTHES ....

[1]   I was attending a concert in the local secondary school and was struck by this photo on the bulletin board near the entrance.

Douglas Academy girls' school uniform

[2] The V&A 2022 calendars are now out.  They are quite beautiful.  I bought this one at Waterstone's bookshop.  (Later, I noticed that it wasn't for sale in the V&A online shop....)  When in Waterstones I offered to buy Ishbel a calendar. Her reply was "I don't use a calendar."   Fair enough; I suppose this is another example of our paperless society!

Art Deco Calendar for 2022





No comments: