Thursday 12 November 2020

CORONAVIRUS WEEK 36: WORRY AND HUMOUR IN A WORSENING SITUATION

In Scotland (elsewhere in the UK and the rest of the world, it appears)  the number of cornavirus cases being admitted to hospital is rising; the death rate is rising.

The following photographs give a flavour of the economic impact that is starting to become evident.  This is the pedestrian precinct in Milngavie this week.

A low budget clothing store  preparing to close.


A pub frequented by some of Milngavie's older worthies of the male species is boarded up this week.  The word is that it is 'being mothballed'.



A hairdresser's window this past week. Left to right: Perm-Kin, Lockdown 20/20    and Punk-Kin.

The one saving grace of having one's activities curtailed, from a music point of view, is that I am doubling my practice time as I prepare for my piano lessons (Skyped) each week.  I am discovering the wonderful music, (well, I should say, more wonderful music) of Phil Cunningham.  Such a fine musician; up there with Paul McCartney I reckon... Anyhow, when looking for one of his tunes to play along with using my iPad I found this video.  It has a wonderful joke right at the beginning -   1 minute 15 seconds in.  It is here [it is number 2 of 2 videos of Phil and Ally Bain playing at Biddulph Town Hall in 2010; Number 201003232318241]



No comments: