Sunday 13 October 2019

OCTOBER COLURS AND EVENTS

Autumn time and autumn colours.  The things with which I am involved have started up again.  So now that I am out and about a bit more my iPhone is getting pulled out for the occasional photo of something, invariably, that has lots of colour!


Our Sunday orchestra practices for the children's orchestra have started again... our 20th year.


We practice in a lovely church which, at our recent Sunday afternoon practice, had the remains of their Harvest theme on the floor of the church.


Who have we here but Raggedy Anne!


As we were setting up I asked on of our 12 year old players if he liked the rag doll in the display!  "Rag doll?.... what's a rag doll?" !!!  That kind of says it all about children these days! 

When I related this story to John he added "I was trying to demonstrate to a patient how to use an inhaler.  I said "Just pretend you are blowing on a pea-shooter."   Response:  "What's a pea-shooter?"  !!!

* * * * *  MORE AUTUMN COLOURS * * * * * * * 


Flowers on top of the organ



Our garden: kaffir lily in the afternoon sun




Ross Priory (Loch Lomond)  on a Sunday afternoon



New Kilpatrick cemetery this week. Morning sun in-between heavy showers passing through.  I park my car here every Friday next to the headstones of Mr Weir and family.  In this day and age of ever-changing technology and politics it is nice to see that things are still the same since I was last here!



No comments: