Thursday 4 July 2019

IKEA SAVES A WET SATURDAY

School finished last week.  It's all change for Mairi's family.  Focusing on the 2 youngest: Ellie (4) is finished Nursery and starts school in August.  Harriet (6) goes into Primary 2.

They have been here off and on during the past week.  Here is collection of photos.


Ellie, our fashion diva.   I said to Ellie "Ishbel always says  'Life's boring'... and Alastair always says 'Life's boring' ... and Harriet  always says 'Life's boring' but you never do.  What do you say instead?"      Answer:    "Life's AMAZING!"  

The 2 girls with their choc ices in the garden.

Harriet is a real helper.  She loves to Lend a Hand, is a very 'together' sort of person.


* * * * * IKEA CONQUERED * * * * * 


Knowing that I was to have the 2 of them for a Saturday afternoon which was forecast to be wet I made a bold decision.

Having recently successfully mastered on-line banking and installed some new software for my upgraded (Mac) computer I felt ready to 'graduate' to erecting an Ikea flatpack.

I headed off to our big Glasgow store at Braehead and selected a bookshelf.  Knowing how Harriet loves to erect Lego and having given her a set of Allen keys some time ago,  I reckoned I could buy myself 2 whole hours of absorbed activity.

And I was right! As predicted it was a wet Saturday so with the 2 of them doing the necessary (with me 'supervising' in the nearby chair drinking tea) we managed to get all the bits in the right place with nothing left over.





No comments: