Monday 17 June 2019

MIDSUMMER LIGHT AT THIS LATITUDE

The summer has, so far, been cloud-covered and unsettled.  We get what can only be described as 'a lot of weather'.  

For taking photos it can be an advantage if you can catch the moment when the clouds part or you manage to catch the last of the light at the end of the day.


This photo was taken at exactly 10 pm last night June 15th.  I am posting it as a reminder of (a) what not to do and (b) the 'moment'.

Having worked most of the rather dull and wet Sunday on images on the computer I closed down and walked through to close the bedroom curtains of the above window looking out to the garden (south)   The quality of the evening light caught my eye and took a photo from inside (that's what you do not want to do .... must remember that) .  Unfortunately the photo does not show the 'moment' that I caught, namely, seconds later the light had gone... and so had the unknown cat that walked into my picture.  What I was pleased about was that I recognised the light for what it was, i.e. the golden time just before the sunlight goes.  If I had known that initially I would have walked outside ... but by then, of course, I would have missed it.


Next morning at 9 am.  The sun made a brief appearance on the lawn (and was gone... again... for the rest of the day.)   

10 am, just for the record. 

 Irises

Lupins, poppies and irises

A view in the opposite direction


No comments: