Saturday 4 August 2018

WATERING THE 'MINGOS

It has been hot.  My little helpers have been out with the watering can. These 2 plastic flamingos in the garden have given us hours of pleasure.  They arrived last year via the Amazon delivery van in a box the size of car tyre having been sent from Florida by Alastair. 



I am sure all this watering will help them survive the winter!









It's been a wonderful summer for being out in the garden.  A couple of chairs, a rug or two and .... you've got a playhouse.  Add to that half a packet of Oreo's and some toys and they are set for the afternoon.


Ellie ... or she says of herself  "Ellie May" ... May being her middle name.

She and Harriet were with me today but Harriet was in bed ill with a tummy bug.  Feeling very hot I asked Harriet if I could spray some perfume (well  actually 'toilet water') on her to make smell nice and keep cool.  No...

So I turned to Ellie and said "Will I spray some on you?"  "No" she said. "I don't have any bugs in my hair!"


Lastly here is Ishie who was here yesterday. She was baking with her friend Anna.   She's 11.5 years old.  While baking is not her most favourite thing she is getting very good at using the food mixer and attending to pots or the frying pan  on the gas hob unit.  She loves making 'traybakes' using melted chocolate ... but oh!!! how the kitchen cupboards and floor get covered in it!

No comments: