Saturday 17 January 2015

WAITING FOR THE NEW BABY

Ishbel, Alastair and wee Harriet are getting excited as their new baby brother or sister is now due.  As I anxiously look out the window at the falling snow I hope it soon passes over so we can manage to get out and about in readiness for the delivery of this new little person.


First thing this morning I shoveled the driveway just to make sure there would be no hold-up if I got a phone call to say Mairi had gone into labour and was off to the hospital.


Meanwhile, at home, Mairi's 9 months is nearly over. This is John's photo of Ishbel and Alastair building a snowman outside while Mairi and Harriet look out the window.


I looked out the window at 10 pm to see Mr Fox heading down the street, no doubt hungry in this winter weather.


Babies come in their own time ... time to close the curtains and put my feet up in front of the fire.


No comments: