Tuesday 3 April 2012

ALASTAIRISMS

Alastair is 4 years old ... and not a Wee Boy ... "Grandma! I'm a Big Boy!"  While Ishie has always been a blether Alastair is coming up from behind as he now chatters away both when alone and with other people.

We all have a collection of Alastair-isms!  Here are my current ones:


When playing by himself I overhear phrases "sharp and dangerous" [Mum?] ... "Check it out guys!" [television?] ...  "according to the map" [Dad?] ... "I can hear the sun raising".  We were chatting to the driver of a shiny black (funereal) limosine outside New Kilpatrick Church last week.  He counted the number of door handles: 3 on each side.  "They must have a lot of kids!"  And lastly, he was telling me about animals they had seen at Crieff" chicks, and a pig.  "Porky Pig?" sez I. "No, Porky Pine" !

He made a rocket and a launch pad in the middle of the kitchen floor recently.  There had to be a slight modification of the Launch Procedure (which might interest NASA): instead of   "5-4-3-2-1... lift off"  it was .....   "1-2-3-4-5"!  


We had a preview at Sunday dinnertime  of Alastair in his school uniform for next autumn.  He starts at Mosshead Primary (where Ishie will be going into Primary 2).  Is he excited?!   I should say so!  Will he stand still for a photo?  Dream on, Grandma!




No comments: