Friday 18 November 2011

MID-NOVEMBER

The weather has been mild all week so it has been good for getting out to the garden or the countryside.

These are some recent photos of the grand-children, taken by John last weekend when they were out in the Blane Valley which is a couple of miles from us on the outskirts of Glasgow.

Alastair (3 and 3/4 years) very much a running, jumping, climbing boy


Ishie (nearly 5 years old)

I collect her after school every Thursday and we spend time together until dinnertime. Today she was humming (not entirely in tune!) repeatedly "There's no room in the inn ... there's no room in the inn"!

Loch Lomond and Ben Lomond are in the distance

1 comment:

Vagabonde said...

I enjoy looking at your beautiful grandchildren. I will see mine next week for Thanksgiving and will take more pictures of the now 4 months old boy. I hope your new little baby grandson has totally recovered.

Your photos of Stockholm are beautiful. I like the last one in the moonlight.
I published a post yesterday – in it I have a picture of a gentleman who was playing the bagpipes outside the opera house. I asked him what his clan was and he replied “Murray – apple.” I looked up Murray but I don’t know what he meant by “apple” do you have any ideas? Maybe I misunderstood and he could have said a word resembling apple.