Friday 10 June 2011

PINK SKY TONIGHT; SAILOR'S DELIGHT

The days are really long now as we approach the Summer Solstice. This evening I had the rare opportunity to admire the changing colours of the evening sky. This is my view out of the window next to my desk (with the computer). I grabbed the camera for a photo and then looked at my watch - it was 10 pm!!

The scene was doubly welcome as we have had precious few good days the last 6 weeks! The rain stopped today ... for a whole day! (No wonder we talk so much about the weather; we simply get so much of it!)


This is what it has been like since early May. We bought this gazebo in order to get on with the garden work of laying the slabs. It turned out to be a Really Smart Move. I reckon it's there to stay!

We have both been working really hard in the garden this week but the good news is that we feel we are finally on the home stretch. We keep thinking about the days when we can sit out in a lawn chair with our feet up and pile of books to be read!

(The boat is still on the hard at Lagavulin - no progress in that department as yet.)

No comments: