Thursday 3 March 2011

THE POSTMAN'S BURDEN

What's with all this junk mail that comes through our letterboxes these day?! Today the postman delivered one journal and one letter and 6 items of Junk Mail!



As someone who does most correspondence by email or over the internet I note that we get very few envelopes dropping through the post box. Indeed, I am seldom in the post office myself to mail things.

I have tried putting my name on an I Do Not Wish to Receive Junk Mail list but nothing has happened. Maybe I am not going about it in the right way. Does the Royal Mail make a lot of money with these flyers that the postman has to lug up and down the streets?

That being said I have no complaint with mail delivery by the Royal Mail. On the whole (icy winter weather would be an exception) the mail that I post gets to where it should and vice-versa. These days I am particularly impressed with stuff we order off Amazon. I get notification emails if there are delays and notification when things have been put in the post. (I try to patronize local shops but it is not always a success!)




No comments: