Wednesday 2 March 2011

M-M-M-M SMELL THE FLOWERS!

Spring flowers are hastened in this city because of our wonderful (undervalued) city parks department. They call Glasgow that "dear green place" and it is true. There are lots of parks and today I paid a visit to the Botanic Gardens on Great Western Road.

The sun was out, I took along my camera with the express purpose of heading to the glass houses (Victorian both in architecture and planting from all those years ago).



The good folks in the gardens had great benches of hyacinths along with daffodils, crocuses and fuschias. Here are white hyacinths looking arty i.e. this is my attempt to make some sort of artwork as if I were producing say a greeting card. It is my way of fiddling around with Photoshop; it's the only way to learn, I reckon!



More arty stuff using Photoshop's cut-out in the filter gallery. The original photo had too much back light on the white fuschia but looked OK using this filter. It just shows that you never know when clicking the digi; what looks good often is not and vice-versa!



This is the original thing, unadulterated. These white crocuses were in abundance. I tried to catch the sunlight coming through the window.

No comments: