Wednesday 19 January 2011

CEZANNE DOODLE

According to Google (whose blogsite this is associated) this is the birth date (in 1839) of Cezanne. The picture below is not a rare Cezanne newly discovered; it is the Google Team's artwork making the name GOOGLE in the manner of a Cezanne still life. A Google Doodle. I like it!*

It prompted me to look at some of Cezanne's paintings most of which are now seen everywhere on T shirts and coffee cups not to mention notepaper and post-cards.

This is Cezanne's studio in Aix-en-Provence. It is as he left it when he died in 19 1906. I would love to visit it particularly after looking at the website here.

This photo must be in many a garden planning book! It is his garden - lovely. Just looking at the sunshine makes me feel warm!

_______________________________________________________

* But is it Art?!

Well ... I would rather hang Google's Doodle on my wall than this picture of Cezanne's Pryamid of Skulls.

1 comment:

Vagabonde said...

In September 2002 when I visited my mother in France I also went to Antibes, near Cannes, for a week. From there I took a short train ride to Cagnes sur Mer and then walked up a hill to visit the house of Renoir. It was a sunny day with few visitors. (http://renoir.chez.com/cagnes.htm.) The house of Cezanne looks inviting too, and I’ll have to go there next. What I like in France is that shudders can open and close. Here in the US they have shudders around windows, but they are just decorations, they cannot be moved. My last comment on your blog was published but I keep receiving emails, as many as 5 during 3 or 4 days, saying they cannot be delivered. I don’t know what the problem is.