Wednesday 26 January 2011

CASHIN' IN

Had a trip down memory lane last night! I went to hear Johnny Cash's daughter, Rosanne, singing at Celtic Connections. Actually her music and, of course, her dad's music are more what I would call Country and Western - 12 bar blues, rockabilly stuff.

This is the music that was simply part of the (metaphorical) wallpaper when I was growing up. Turn the radio on (CJIB Vernon) and that was pretty well all you would hear. What I find as I get older is that this stuff is still all in my head! I didn't even know that I knew so much of it!

The hall was full and the enthusiastic audience were all there to hear the good ol' Johnny Cash favourites some of which she sang but many were her own compositions. What I used to like (but she didn't sing ... and couldn't really do justice to...) were Ring of Fire and Rock Island Line!

I remember one I used to like was one of his railroad songs: I Walk the Line. So here is an image of the song - just for fun ... and for old times sake!

The photo is of the railway station in Salmon Arm. More photos and information about this station is elsewhere on this blog: here and here.

No comments: