Wednesday 22 December 2010

WALKING IN A WINTER WONDERLAND

Freezing weather has meant it is still a winter wonderland out there! Today I walked over to Mairi's to do a few hours of Granny Duty. This involves a walk through unpopulated section on this suburb to the northeast side of Glasgow. This was my route through what we call The Gut (grassy area with bushes between 2 built-up areas of houses):

Path through The Gap which comes out at Kilmardinny Loch.

Pass alongside the farmer's fields on my right and a small burn flowing on my left.




Trees at Kilmardinny Loch.

I left the children to walk the return route home, again passing beside the Loch. When I got there I found the sun, on this solstice day, just setting at 3:15 pm. I stopped to take some photos using my iPhone.

A couple of moments later I took another shot and then I continued on my way as it was -5 degrees Centigrade.

I had only gone 100 yards when I found a woman's wallet, with credit cards etc, lying on the path. I spent a short time looking around to see if anyone was hurrying back searching the path for their lost item. Eventually I headed off after trying a couple of phone numbers (unsuccessfully) in the wallet. There was no identification.

I got home still with the wallet in my pocket and after wolfing down a couple of mince pies I walked down the hill to the Milngavie police station (at the bottom of our street!) and handed it in.
* * * *

In case someone is searching the web this may be of help:

Lost item found at Kilmardinny Loch 3:15 pm December 22, 2010. Claim at Milngavie Police Station!

No comments: