Thursday 4 November 2010

EYEBALL TO EYEBALL

At Hallowe'en I decided to make brownies using a Betty Crocker cake mix but bake them as cupcakes using paper cupcake containers which I baked in a muffin tin. I have discovered cake mixes recently; I use them for the kids when we have a baking session. Their attention span is about 2 and 1/2 minutes so this method works just fine!

Well, when I took them out they were squidgy to the point of being slightly underdone.

A well appeared in each cupcake. I decided to be creative and fill the wells with white icing into which I placed a chocolate eyeball (chocolate ball covered in foil with an eyeball printed on it). I thought them rather clever!

After the guisers performed their party pieces I offered them these Treats... got the thumbs down all round - total rejection! Ah-h-h ... kids these days are just too fussy!

No comments: