Sunday 22 August 2010

GARDEN GARAGES

The days just seem to run into each other! Today is Sunday - the end of another week. Iain has been out of hospital just under 2 weeks. He is recovering from his fall but he feels the progress is very slow. Mainly it is his back muscles that ache so much that he just has to lie down. He is trying various remedies to either strengthen the muscles and/or relax them after activity. For example, John, today, took him over the CV Drive to have a hot bath to see if that would help. He certainly felt better, and cleaner (!) and I give him back rubs to see if that makes a difference.


The wee ones stayed with me while John and Iain were away. Knowing they were coming I was prepared for a wet morning (with bread dough at the ready) but in the end we spent time in the park at the back. They are getting bigger now and will takes turns on the slide and climbing frame. Believe me, that is progress!

The other day I went to put on my shoes in order to go out to the garden. I found they had been used as a garage! I am a great one for tracking in mud so keep several pair of clogs at the back door. I am constantly moving from the kitchen to the garden and back again whether it be a trip to the clothes line, out to cut herbs or popping something into the bins. The only shoes I wear, day in and day out, are Josef Seibel shoes in the form of clogs. Just as soon a I get a chance I will have to go out get another pair as one of my current pairs is falling to pieces.

The keys on the yellow ring are for the side door of the garage. Having mislaid them a few times we finally put the big yellow ring from the (discarded) Fisher Price stacking rings toy. Now they are easy to find if mislaid in the wood shavings or grass cuttings!




No comments: