Tuesday 17 August 2010

BROCCOLI FOR BOYS

Adam has had a bumper crop of vegetables in his garden this year. So today, after visiting him, I came home with these wonderful courgettes, some broccoli and one noble carrot! Adam gave me some of his courgette plants earlier this year but my crop has been downright pathetic! Every time I examined the 2 plants another of the yellow flowers had come off and was lying on the ground. Heavy rain damage? I do have 2 small courgettes growing at the moment but nothing like his specimens.




Ever since Alastair was small he just gobbled up broccoli! Today I had prepared a quiche for the gang arriving at 5 pm. I used some of the broccoli along with cheese and chives - yum-m-m.



Ishie likes to help set the table. She prides herself on being a Big Girl especially in relation to Alastair. She sees him doing something daft - which is most of the time - then turns to me stating earnestly (in confiding tones) "I have more sense in my head"!

Meanwhile Iain was having a pilates lesson from a lady who visited the house. They have established that he needs to think about his diaphragm and abdominal muscles. She feels that attending to this should help sort out the problem with his back muscles. He had been given a regime of exercises to do.

We are also trying to help Iain put on some beef and to that end he is being fed lots of meat and vegetables, eggs and cheese.

No comments: