Saturday 24 July 2010

HEALTH BULLETIN NO. 14

Iain is now coming to the end of Week 4 of 6 and is bearing up well. The orthopaedic surgeon was in and said that the exact date for him ending his 6 weeks in bed to stabilize the 2 cracks in his vertebrae is August 11th. The vertebrae will heal, (as opposed to some things in your body which do not) and so there is no getting round this biological fact.

The plan is to let him get up on that date, fit the brace that is in his bedside locker (see previous post), give him a few days to get used to it, then he can be discharged. I think we are talking August 15th if all goes well.

Meanwhile I am keeping busy back at base-camp. Today, Saturday, I got a phone call from Anne Bennet to say she and John were heading off to Inchinnan to pick raspberries. Did I want to come? Naturally, I dropped everything and off we went.

I'm a berry picker from away back. Most years I manage to find a Pick Your Own farm or garden and get a supply. Normally I make jam; this year I think I will just freeze them.

Once I had my basket full of rasps - very ripe so they mostly fell off in your hand - I headed over to the gooseberry patch. The above photo I took using the camera facility of my iPhone which I just happened to have in my hip pocket.


And no sooner had I arrived back home when my iPhone went off. John sent me this photo. He had been out at Mugdock with 2 cheeky monkeys! (Ishie 3 and 1/2 and Alastair 2 and 1/2).

No comments: