Sunday 18 July 2010

HEALTH BULLETIN NO. 13

Today is Sunday; time for reflection. Iain fell in a DIY accident inside the house nearly 3 weeks ago. (If you scroll back you can follow the full story.) He has some broken bones and is going to recover. He is to be in hospital for a total of 6 weeks. He's getting on fine ... he's philosophical!

Yes, it is a miracle he was not killed! 'Nuff said.

But miracles can come in many forms!

[1] Mairi and John (who is a doctor and lives 5 blocks away). I was able to call on John in the moment of crisis and to lean on them both for medical/clinical psychological input as well as hospital visits.

[2] Our large circle of friends! They have been emerging, from both near and far - quite amazing! Iain's colleagues and contacts (think "committees") who, once they get over the shock of hearing about his fall, have also been in touch by post, telephone or the internet.


So here are some of the cards I gathered together and displayed on the window sill. It is quite touching to read who they are from as well as the message and notes they contain. Iain is really pleased to hear from so many people and I can assure you it gives me a great boost! If you are out there - a big Thank You! (Most people know me ... and that I am a big 'card' person. I like sending them - often my own Photoshop creations - and I like receiving them. They sit on any surface that will take them and stay there for ages.)



Our lovely friends in Sweden have been in touch and also special friends in Germany. We know we are in their thoughts and it is quite touching.



So before I start greetin' (as they say in Glasgow - that means "crying") I really must share this lovely set of stamps on Inger's letter to me. Beautiful, quite beautiful, e.g. the colour, the subject, the artwork.


No comments: