Thursday 31 December 2009

'S NO ART

In all this snowy weather I have been out with my camera. Tramping over to deliver some Christmas cards I came upon the sledge run on the north side of Kilmardinny Loch. From afar I could hear a roaring sound. It reminded me of the arrival of the herds of cattle in Obsberstorf as the herdsmen and women brought them into the village from the high pastures.

The dull, roaring sound was of the plastic sledges as they screamed down the icy slope. Then there were gales of laughter as mums, dads and kids ended up in the bullrushes at the edge of the loch!

I took the following (original) photo (bottom) using a telephoto lens. It is of a young mum getting ready to set off down the slope on her sledge. It was about 3:30 pm; the sun had just set.

The first photo is the "better" one, i.e. I changed the contrast in the original one. Rightly or wrongly I feel that most of the photos I take at this time of year (with the sun low and the shadows long) require little or no "improvement" - one of the definite pluses of living at this latitude.



No comments: