Sunday 27 December 2009

ALL THAT GLITTERS

Time for Fa-la-la-la and all that jazz. I have music books - well, actually, sheet music - from the days when I first learned to read notes. That makes it 1958! And I have never stopped buying music since that time!

This somewhat dogged-eared copy of Silver Bells sits in my music cabinet and gets dusted off every year. (That silver tray is my mother's. I am guessing it is 1940's vintage.)

The red music book is more recent. I think I bought it about 5 years ago. The book propped up in front is the MacLeod Snr family Church of Scotland Hymnary which has the 4 voice parts for all the Christmas carols. (May I say, I find it very difficult to play the keyboard to the 4 voice parts but I know that organists must do this as a matter of course and get so they never think twice about it.) Again, the silver dish -actually, it is a vase with a 'frog' well in the middle - is my mother's. It sits on my music cabinet usually holding a posy of flowers and/or greenery.


Lastly, Maggie's lovely Christmas tree which reaches to the ceiling of her Victorian proportioned living room was be-decked in these lovely baubles along with zillions of fairy lights. The white snow covering the garden and the tree lights reflected in the large living room windows gave the whole room all the drama of a theatrical stage setting!

No comments: