Tuesday 17 November 2009

PIANO - A - PORTER

Appearing at a concert in Milngavie last week was this fellow! That such talent should be on our doorstep never fails to simply blow me away! He is a pianist and graciously played for the better part of 2 hours on the resident Steinway grand in Milngavie Town Hall.

His name is Tom Porter and I had never heard of him. Winner of many competitions and now getting a name for himself - and he's not even 30 years old! - I am here to say he was absolutely wonderful. I haven't enjoyed such a nice evening in ages!

And no music! ... At all! ..... I went home and couldn't decide if I should give up or simply practice all the harder! Not a difficult decision as I end up quite inspired by these young folk. Phew! He performed his first concerto at 13 years of age! Ho- hum....

_____________________________________________________________
Photo obtained as downloadable file from his website here.
Copyright: Hanya Chlala.

No comments: