Friday 23 October 2009

THE CASE OF THE SCHOOL JOTTER

I am away from my computer these days and miss it terribly! However, using Iain's laptop, I am able to post text but not photos.

Where has the week gone?! Busy, busy, busy!

Today I was in the bank, the Clydesdale Bank in Milngavie. Instead of getting money out of the hole-in-the-wall cash machine, I decided to go inside (a thing I seldom do these days) and wait in the queue to get the cash that way. The reason was that I wanted some £5 notes instead of always just having £20 notes which can be a problem if you just want to buy a paper or whatever. (Two weekend newspapers these days can cost nearly £5 in total! Eaghghgh!)

Anyhow... where was I?... When I reached the teller and requested the money (including some back as fivers) she promptly pulled over a school jotter (to non-Scottish/British this is a medium sized lined school notebook ... click here - and scrool down to the half way mark - to see an image of a Glasgow school jotter!) and wrote the amount and date in it! She was keeping a note of all her transactions!

I couldn't believe my eyes! What?! With all the ***@&*** technology we have to go through what with cards, pin numbers, security codes to do with banks! OK.... maybe she is just a learner... maybe she is doing it to cover her own back 'cause she's been having hassle from the boss. Beats me!

No comments: